1 day ago
My Dear Jane Journal
I have moved all the posts for my "Dear Jane" quilt to a separate Blog.
Sunday, February 21, 2010
I wanted a less bulky mitt to use while typing. I only made minor changes to the pattern. Switching to smaller needles, sock yarn, adding an additional 12 stitches to the cast on and working five cables instead of three. (This also results in a 7 stitch garter stitch edge instead of 5 stitch.) Also I decided to wear them upside down with the wider garter stitch edge next to fingers and the smaller edge as the cuff. The picture does not do justice to the finished mitts. Great pattern! I would make another pair in the original worsted weight for wearing outdoors.
I could have made these in a weekend but took a longer break form the project then I intended after reaching the garter stitch section on the second mitt.