My Dear Jane Journal

I have moved all the posts for my "Dear Jane" quilt to a separate Blog.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Paint, paint, and more paint.

I have been painting for 5 days in a row. I am still not finished.

The first day I brushed primer on the walls where we had touched up a few holes. Especially around the new closet door. The door has a smaller frame then the old one.

Day two I painted the ceiling with primer. We had put texture on it a long time ago to cover cracks and it had never been painted.

The next day I painted the ceiling a color called ginger sugar. It is off-white in the green family.

I waited for that to cure over night. I masked off a line 3 inches down and painted the upper half of the wall. The upper wall is yellow. I don't know what color to call it. It does not match my paint chip. It almost matches. After lunch I went back and painted the lower wall green. The lower wall is textured to look like tile ( the original plaster wall.)

I waited over night and repeated day four on day five, putting on a second coat.

I have a wallpaper boarder that ties all the color together that goes in between the green and yellow. But I have to wait at least two days for the paint to cure. Plus since I used an enamel paint that is very glossy I have to prepare the wall for the paper. *sigh*

I also need to paint the trim and the closet door.

It is taking longer than I thought. But I think I am doing pretty good when you consider how long ago I started the project. Some time in August of 2008. Yes that long ago, when I tore out the built in closet with its 'evil' 30 inch deep shelves, I could not reach the back of. And It had equally ridiculously deep drawers. ( one day I just snapped and cleaned everything out of it and literally took a sledge hammer too it. Then I sent a text message to Shawn and told him I had done it. ) Tearing out that closet called for a new door. That messed up the Wallpaper around the door. Wallpaper is just horrible to take off the wall. I procrastinated a lot. Then When the weather turned cooler This year I made myself get busy on that paper. I did a couple sections at a time. And Shawn helped get the really hard to reach parts. After the paper was down things started moving right along.

I don't think I will get it all finished by this weekend. I have plans to go to my Mother-in-laws house and eat birthday cake on Saturday. And Sunday is bi-monthly game day with our friends.
Pictures soon.

1 comment:

scraphappy said...

Painting seems to take forever, but it feels so good to have everything look so fresh and clean. It will all be worth it when it is done.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin